The Transportation Coordinator exceeds transportation service expectations by actively influencing inbound domestic, import and outbound shipments. Ensure communication channels are providing accurate and timely two-way communication.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
● Provide quality customer service communications to operations, corporate team and carriers in a fast-paced environment.
● Utilize effective decision making in the assignment of freight to dedicated carriers and fleet drivers to maximize utilization per truck and reduce transportation expense.
● Proactively drive the outbound carriers performance to ensure timely service.
● Cross-train your individual duties with those of your peers to ensure all daily
accountabilities are met.
● Coordinate the timely pickup and delivery of all available regional collect inbound tenders as dedicated carrier or fleet backhauls.
● Manage import container pools to ensure there is a plan for their efficient unload while eliminating unnecessary expense.
● Provide accurate data entry in all required management systems and data warehouses.
● Identify operation trends, provide analysis of root cause and implement corrective actions to provide continuous improvement to the operation.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
● Working knowledge of Excel and Word.
● Good communication skills.
● Able to perform all functions necessary to complete office or clerical functions.
Experience & Education
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● Minimum one (1) year of transportation coordinating experience
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
● Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and
● Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.● Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
● Need to have adequate fitness level to meet demands of frequent sitting, occasional walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing and lifting.