The Trainer position is for the LTT Afghanistan Contract and will train the Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers in the required discipline. The primary goal of the LTT program is to train and directly enable the Commandos (CDO) to perform their duties independently.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES U.S. CITIZENSHIP, US PASSPORT, ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE AND MILITARY PAY GRADE OF E7 OR HIGHER. ONLINE APPLICATION/RESUME MUST INDICATE REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS. ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION. See below for responsibilities and requirements.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
The S2 Military Intelligence Trainer shall train intelligence officer(s) on the following tasks:
• Garrison Intelligence – OPSEC; Mission Debriefs; Local Liaison with ANP; NDS; Village Elders and Source Operations; External Garrison Indications and Warnings (I-W); and Report Writing
• Kandak Tactical Intelligence – TOC Operations; Develop a Mission Planning Folder; Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield (IPB); Situation Development; Target Development and Target Acquisition; Collection Management; Indications and Warnings (I-W); Tactical Questioning, Mission Debriefs; Tactical Site Exploitation; and Liaison with ANP, NDS, and Village and Source Operations
• Counterintelligence – Force Protection; Physical Security; Internal Source Operations; Return Soldier Debriefs; and Internal Indications and Warnings (I-W)
• Common Supporting Training Tasks – Role of the Intelligence Office S2; The Intel Cycle; Map Reading; Microsoft Office Suite; Intelligence Briefings and Terrain Models; and the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP)
• Responsible for regularly interacting and maintaining professional demeanor and attitude with
U.S. and ANA military personnel
• Train the trainer and then monitor trainer progress
• Based on circumstances that are unique to the work location, trainer will be responsible for making on the scene decisions on how to execute the curriculum
• Along with the local site manager, trainer will be responsible for assessing how well the ANA students have learned the coursework
The Trainer shall implement and operate programs, practices and procedures for developing optimal utilization of personnel. Design and administer programs to train all levels of personnel. Develop tests and visual aids. Coordinate class arrangements, conduct training classes and develop criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities. Keep abreast of training and development research; learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods and techniques. Develop programs and practices to identify developmental needs, including preparing personnel for more responsible positions and increasing effectiveness in present assignments.
The S2 Military Intelligence Trainer must have:
• Secret Security Clearance
• U.S. Citizen
• Valid U.S. passport
• Military pay grade of E7 or higher
• Served as U.S. Army MOS 18F or service equivalent
• Deployed operational experience in support of the Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) working at the Battalion level in a supervisory role
• Background in infantry or Special Operations
• Background in training and advising foreign military soldiers
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• MS Office and personal computer skills
• Interpersonal and people skills
• Must be willing to work in hostile areas
• Must be willing and able to travel outside of protected areas via military convoys or MILAIR and wear protective clothing and equipment as required. In the conduct of their training contractors may encounter hostile forces
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of related work experience desired or 8 years of equivalent U.S. Military experience.